Home / Join NCMPR / Member Benefits
What Does NCMPR Have to Offer You?
- National Conferences: Each March, NCMPR sponsors a national conference with keynote speakers, workshops and roundtable discussions, all focusing on some of the latest trends in college marketing and PR. National conferences provide an excellent opportunity to connect with others who share your interests.
- Regional Conferences: Each of NCMPR's seven districts offers regional conferences every year in the fall. Like the national conferences, the regional conferences feature great learning and networking opportunities, only in a smaller setting with colleagues from surrounding states.
- Professional Development Scholarships and Grants: These help offset the cost of attending district and national conferences. They are targeted for brand-new members of NCMPR, practitioners who are new to their community college jobs, and members at colleges with restricted travel budgets.
- Summer Institute: This relatively new member service offers a summertime opportunity to focus on a single hot topic of interest to community college marketing professionals. The one-and-a-half-day format gives participants a chance to totally immerse themselves in the subject matter at hand.
- Webinars: NCMPR webinars bring cost-effective, convenient learning opportunities right to your own desktop. They're offered every few months.
- Online Membership Directory:This top-rated member service helps you stay in touch with colleagues across the country. It includes the names, colleges, addresses, e-mails and phone numbers of more than 1,550 members nationwide.
- COUNSEL: NCMPR's quarterly magazine gives you a direct link to the latest trends in college marketing and PR. Many of the articles are written by NCMPR's own members, so you gain ideas from those "in the know."
- Online Services: You'll find updated information about member services, conference and workshop schedules, and awards and entry deadlines, along with a members-only section with reference libraries. And for your convenience, you can complete membership, registration and award entry forms online and make payments online.
- Social Networking: NCMPR now offers a variety of social media tools, including a Facebook page, Twitter account, LinkedIn group, topical blogs and a Listserv, all designed to help you connect instantly with other members online. It's the fastest way to get the latest scoop on hot issues of the day.
- Paragons and Medallions: NCMPR's prestigious Paragon Awards recognize outstanding achievement in communications. It's the only national competition of its kind that honors excellence exclusively among marketing and PR professionals at two-year colleges. The Medallion Awards are similar to the Paragons and are given at the district level.
- Communicator of the Year: One of the most celebrated awards given to an NCMPR member, this honors a two-year college marketing professional who has demonstrated special leadership in college communications. It is awarded annually in each of NCMPR's seven districts, and district recipients automatically become a nominee for the national award, which is presented at the national conference.
- Pacesetter of the Year: This award recognizes a community college president or CEO who has demonstrated special leadership in marketing and PR. Like the Communicator Award, the Pacesetter Award is presented annually in each of NCMPR's seven districts, and district recipients automatically become a nominee for the national award, which is presented at the national conference.
- D. Richard Petrizzo Career Service Award: Named after a former NCMPR president who helped shape the organization in its early years, this award honors an NCMPR professional for career accomplishments in college marketing and PR. It is presented by the board of directors at the national conference.
- President's Award: This is among the highest distinctions given to an individual or organization that has made extraordinary contributions to the community college movement on a regional or national basis, particularly in the areas of marketing and PR.