Pacesetter of the Year
The Pacesetter of the Year Award recognizes a chief executive officer at a two-year community or technical college or district office who has demonstrated leadership and support in the area of college communication and marketing. Emphasis is placed on accomplishments within the past year. The Pacesetter Award is presented annually in each of NCMPR’s seven districts, and district winners are then considered for the national award.
- The chief executive officer or chief campus leader of any NCMPR-member institution is eligible for consideration. A candidate must have been employed at an NCMPR-member institution within the past 12 months.
- A previous recipient of the district Pacesetter of the Year Award may be nominated again, provided that the individual did not receive the district award the previous five years nor has ever received the national Pacesetter Award. A new nomination packet must be completed.
- An individual may be selected as the national Pacesetter of the Year only once.
- Members of the Board of Directors may nominate their president or CEO for the award. However, they may not participate in the selection process.
- Those nominating individuals for the Pacesetter Award must be a designated member of NCMPR or affiliated with a member college. A member college may submit only one nomination each year.
- A nomination form must be completed online.
- Nominations must be submitted by the deadline designated within each district (see the list of deadlines in the right-hand column).
Get a Travel Stipend If Your Nominee Wins!
If you nominate someone who wins your district Pacesetter Award, you'll get a $250 stipend to attend the 2020 national conference in Orlando, Florida.
2019 Pacesetter Nomination Deadlines
Nominations are still being accepted for District 7 through Aug. 30.
Community College of Philadelphia
The College System of Tennessee
Harper College, IL
Clovis Community College, NM
Southeastern Community College, IA
Saddleback College, CA
Skagit Valley College, WA