2022 District Conference:
Travel Funds Tight?
A scholarship can help!
Sometimes a little financial help can go a long way. NCMPR's professional development scholarships are designed to offset expenses associated with attending the fall district conferences. They're open to all NCMPR members, including new members, seasoned professionals and those employed at colleges with restricted travel budgets. Scholarship amounts vary by district. Typically, they don't cover everything, but they can help get you there!
- You're eligible to apply for a scholarship if you're working full time as a director, manager, writer, graphic designer, photographer, administrative assistant or in some other position that supports your college’s marketing and communications activities.
- You also need to be a designated NCMPR member in good standing.
- If you're a member of your district's Executive Council, you're not eligible to receive a scholarship, but you may nominate someone. If you do, you can't serve on the selection committee.
- If selected to receive a scholarship, you'll receive a check (made out to your college) at the conference. You will then be able to submit that check to your college's business office to reimburse some of your conference expenses (transportation, lodging or registration).
- You'll still need to register for the conference and pay the registration fee in full.
How to Apply and Deadlines
Conference scholarship applications are now open.
- District 1 deadline - Friday, Aug. 19 (closed)
- District 2 deadline - Friday, Sept. 16 (closed)
- District 3 deadline - Friday, Aug. 26 (closed)
- District 4 deadline - Thursday, Sept. 1 (closed)
- District 5 deadline - Monday, Aug. 22 (closed)
- District 6 deadline - extended to Friday, Sept. 30
- District 7 deadline - Friday, Sept. 16 (closed)
Scholarship amounts vary by district. If you're selected to receive a scholarship, you will be notified in advance of the conference.